The PROND32 has a 5-stop light reduction equal to a ND optical density of 1.5.
The ACCU-ND technology in the Hoya PROND filters yields a truly neutral colour balance that will not add any noticeable colour-cast to your images. The Hoya PROND series is aimed at the still photography and HDSLR video markets. The series provides 9 filters from two stop to 10 stop light reduction.
The Metallic ACCU-ND coating on the PROND filters do not colour shift as you move from one density to the next, a common problem with other series of neutral density filters. Now you can set your white balance once and have the same colour balance even if you need to change filters due to changes in lighting, or for creative effect.
The PROND filters use Hoya’s exclusive clear optical glass that has a metallic ACCU-ND coating front and back to create the neutral density affect.
Neutral density filters are designed to reduce the amount of light entering your camera lens and should not have any other effect on the image. Reducing the amount of light allows for the use of wider apertures or slower shutter speeds for creative and dramatic effect in bright lighting conditions.
• 1.5 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
• To convey movement and control depth of field more easily this filter provides a 5-stop reduction.
• Using metallic ACCU-ND coating guarantees colour accuracy and consistency between different Pro ND filter grades.
• Prevents filter jamming by using one-piece aluminium ring, which enhances durability and rigidity for assured use.
• For continuous image clarity this filter is made from clear optical glass.
- 5-Stop Neutral Density Filter
- 1.5 Solid Optical Density
- Permits Increased Exposure Length
- Metallic ACCU-ND Coating
- Clear Optical Glass Construction
This filter has been produced to fit all lenses with a 58mm thread size. Check the end of your lens to verify the required size.