This kit contains:
• 1x HMC Digital UV(C) Filter
• 1x Circular Polarising Filter
• 1x NDx8 Filters
• 1x Filter wallet.
HMC Digital UV(C) Filter
The Hoya HMC Digital UV(C) Filter is a multi-purpose fine-weather filter that can absorb the ultraviolet rays; often making outdoor photographs hazy and indistinct. The clear UV filter has a multi-purpose use and can be left on the lens to serve as a permanent lens protector, digital photography and used for colour as well as black and white film.
This filter is renowned for its ability to minimise reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting. The result is an average light transmission of over 97%, giving sharp contrast and well balanced colour. Hoya HMC Digital filters are recommended for enhancing the performance of today's multicoated lenses.
Other uses include:
• Functions as over-all protection filter to minimize moisture, dust and scratches from reaching lens elements.
• This filter can be paired with others as its clear filter provides no additional coloration or contrast
Circular Polarising Filter
The Hoya Circular Polarising Filter allows significant reduction reflections and glare from non-metallic surfaces. For maximum effect a camera angle of 30 degrees from the reflecting surface (glass, water, etc.) is ideal. To appear clearer with a better contrast the Circular Polarising Filter enables colours to become more saturated; this effect can be used to increase the contrast and saturation in blue skies and white clouds.
The only difference between a circular polarizer and a linear polarizer is that it contains a quarter wave plane that the linear polarizer does not. The purpose of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions.
As a result of how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. It permits the use of these functions when the light becomes circularly polarized.
Other uses include:
• Filters out light that has become polarized as a result of reflection from a non-metallic surface, which helps to decrease reflections and glare.
• Polarizing filters position and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, permitting absorption of much of the light
• Provides more saturation, vivid colours and clears up haze in distant landscapes
• Used at a 90° angle from the sun produces the strongest effects.
• Ideal for use with digital cameras as well as autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer frequently disrupts auto exposure and focus features.
NDx8 Neutral Density Filter
Neutral Density filters offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results and can enable the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting colour balance. ND filters appear grey and reduce the amount of light reaching the film and have no effect on the colour balance. This filter offers a filter factor of 0.9, which is equivalent to 3 stops of light.
Other uses include:
• Enabling slow shutter speeds to be used, in particularly with high speed films in order to record movement in subjects. For example, waterfalls, clouds, or cars
• Reduces depth of field by permitting broader apertures to be used, this helps separate subjects from their background
• The filter can be used outdoors in bright situations as it diminishes the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400)
• Allows cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects. An example of these include snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
• 8x = ND 0.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
This kit comes with a handy filter pouch that your filters can be safely guarded in and will fit within your gear bag.
- UV (C) HMC Filter
- Circular Polarizer Filter
- Neutral Density (NDX8) 0.9 Filter
- Filter Pouch