Don't be deceived by the Nissin i40's svelte dimensions: This mini-marvel packs a Guide Number of 40 at 105mm, video lighting adjustable over 9 stops (a real boon at special events at gigs, where you can freely switch between videography and still photography), and a specification replete with high-end features. Although perfectly proportioned for smaller DSLRs and compact system cameras, the i40 is equally at home on full size DSLR models, weighs only 203g and fits easily into a pocket. The flash head features 180° horizontal and 90° vertical rotation and is powered by 4x AA batteries (not included) - which provide sufficient power for over two hundred full-power flashes or three and a half hours of video lighting. Why weigh yourself down, when this little wonder does it all?
The Key features of the Nissin i40
- Stylish design with enhanced user experience
- LED Video Light function, with 9 steps adjustment
- Ultra Compact design weighing just 203g
- Focal Length range coverage of 24 - 105mm (Auto Adjusts)
- GN40 at 105mm
- Powered by 4 AA batteries
- Professional flash head design, rotates 180° horizontally & tilts 90° for bounce flash
- Supports high speed synch (up to 1/8000th of a second, shutter speed) and features Wireless TTL
Focal Length Range Coverage of 24-105mm
The Nissin i40 has a flash output of GN40 at 105mm.The zoom range auto adjusts from 24 -105mm. The flash comes equipped with a built in diffuser that gives coverage for a 16mm lens. A soft box is included for softening up the light output and reducing shadows.
Professional Head Design
The flash head rotates 180 degrees horizontally to the right and left and tilts up 90 degrees for bounce flash applications, close up work, etc.
LED Video Light
The Nissin i40 has a video light function with 9 steps of output adjustment.
Supports high speed synch. Supports up to 1/8000th second shutter speed. Supports Canon E-TTL/E-TTL 11, Nikon i-TTL and Sony ADI/P-TTL. Various slave-settings offer flexible wireless flash combination.
Selector Dial and Simple Operation Panel
The Nissin i40 has 2 selector dial controls. Function dial and power dial. The indicated lamp A/B/C will show the adjustment position.
The i40 operates from 4 AA batteries.
Metal Hotshoe with Quick Release Button
The i40 features a metal hotshoe with a quick release, instead of a fragile plastic base. The quick release ensures that it is easy and quick to take on and off.
- Guide No. (ISO 100 in Metres): 40 at 105mm zoom position, 27 at 35mm position
- Re-cycling time: 0.1 - 4 seconds
- Number of flashes on 1 set of batteries: Approximately 220-1700, depending on power output
- Flash duration: 1/800 - 1/20000 second
- Colour temperature: 5600K
- Wireless Mode: Wireless TTL slave, non-TTL slave (SD,SF mode)
- EV compensation on flash: -2 - +2 in increments of ½ of EV
- Sub flash function: None
- Bounce position: Up 90°, Down 0°, Left 180°, Right 180°
- Flash exposure control: 1st and 2nd curtain synchronisation, High speed synchronisation, red eye reduction, slow synchronisation, FE/FV lock (set on camera)
- AF assist beam effective range: 0.7 -5 Metres
- Operation panel: 2 selector dials (Function dial and power dial)
- Manual mode power ratio: 1/256 “ 1/1
- Video Light: Built in Video light with 9 steps of output level adjustment and approximately 3.5 hours operating time.